Have you lost your files or data stored in your Hard Drive?
There are many free data recovery software products available on the Internet. Some are freeware and others offer free trial downloads. in this article we will cover the Best Free Data Recovery Software for Windows and Mac.
1. EaseUS Data Recovery
Free Mac and Windows data recovery software from EaseUS helps millions to recover lost data in three simple steps: automated scan, preview, and one-click recovery. Cover any file format and deal with any data loss situation.
- Restore deleted files from Recycle Bin, HDD, SSD, USB, SD card, etc.
- Recover deleted documents, pictures, videos, emails, and other files for free.
- Retrieve lost data due to formatting, deleting, OS crash, virus infection, etc.
- Repair corrupted photos, videos, and documents with file repair features.
EaseUS comprehensive file recovery software fully supports deleted data recovery in all situations like pressing Shift+Delete keys or clicking Delete button
Sometimes, we empty the Recycle Bin with the files we needed. EaseUS softperfect file recovery program can easily recover files from a corrupted or emptied Recycle Bin.
EaseUS partition recovery software restores formatted partition quickly when your partitions get lost, deleted, and inaccessible.
Once you format the device, all the files will be lost. EaseUS data recovery software recovers data from a formatted HDDs, USB flash drives, SD cards, etc.
HDD can become damaged, encrypted, inaccessible, or even RAW. EaseUS hard drive recovery software can retrieve data from corrupted or damaged HDDs quickly.
EaseUS wise data recovery software combined with bootable media recovers missing data due to hard drive damage, system/software crash, virus attack, etc.
2. Disk Drill Data Recovery (Windows & Mac)
Disk Drill Data Recovery Software: Recover any type of deleted files in Windows including Office documents, messages, and media files quickly and easily. Disk Drill for Windows is free data recovery software that restores deleted files from an HDD, USB drive or any kind of disk-based storage media with just a few clicks (Recover files deleted on windows for free here).
The Premier Mac Data Recovery Software: Do you need to recover deleted files in Mac OS X, such as critical business documents, music, photos or videos? Have files or whole partitions gone missing from your Mac? Are you having trouble accessing an external USB drive or camera card? Disk Drill can help. it makes data recovery for Mac OS X easy (Recover files deleted on MacOS for free here).
3. PhotoRec Data Recovery (Windows, Mac, and Linux)
PhotoRec is file data recovery software designed to recover lost files including video, documents and archives from hard disks, CD-ROMs, and lost pictures (thus the Photo Recovery name) from digital camera memory. PhotoRec ignores the file system and goes after the underlying data, so it will still work even if your media’s file system has been severely damaged or reformatted.
PhotoRec is free – this open source multi-platform application is distributed under GNU General Public License (GPLV v2+). PhotoRec is a companion program to TestDisk, an application for recovering lost partitions on a wide variety of file systems and making non-bootable disks bootable again. You can download them from this link.
For more safety, PhotoRec uses read-only access to handle the drive or memory card you are about to recover lost data from. Important: As soon as a picture or file is accidentally deleted, or you discover any missing, do NOT save any more pictures or files to that memory device or hard disk drive; otherwise you may overwrite your lost data. This means that while using PhotoRec, you must not choose to write the recovered files to the same partition they were stored on.
4. R-Studio (Windows, Mac, and Linux)
Disk Recovery Software and Hard Drive Recovery tool
Empowered by the new unique data recovery technologies, R-STUDIO is the most comprehensive data recovery solution for recovery files from NTFS, NTFS5, ReFS, FAT12/16/32, exFAT, HFS/HFS+ and APFS (Macintosh), XFS, Little and Big Endian variants of UFS1/UFS2 (FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD/Solaris) and Ext2/Ext3/Ext4 FS (Linux) partitions. It also uses raw file recovery (scan for known file types) for heavily damaged or unknown file systems. It functions on local and network disks, even if such partitions are formatted, damaged or deleted. Flexible parameter settings give you absolute control over data recovery.
R-Studio is indeed a powerful and reliable data recovery software product, but it’s not a miracle worker. It successfully recovers data that is present on hard disks. But if data has been overwritten, it is gone. Neither R-Studio nor any other data recovery software or data recovery professional can recover data in that event.
5. Recuva File Recovery (Windows)
Recuva is a free data recovery software that is designed to recover lost data from hard drives, USBs, and other storage devices.
Rescue and restore deleted files valuable files fast – even if they were deleted weeks ago. Restore pictures, music, documents, videos, emails or any other file type from PCs, portable or rewritable media.
- Deep scan file recovery
- Priority technical support
So you never have to worry about losing a file again! Download free data recovery software Recuva Here
6. Data Rescue (Windows & Mac)
Have you accidentally deleted or lost important files? Or does your external drive no longer appear or respond? Our data recovery software can retrieve those priceless photos or videos and important business or school documents for you with a few simple steps.
Standard License: Finds all your lost files for free | Only pay for the files you want to recover | Pricing as low as $19
Professional License: Unlimited system activation | Unlimited drive recovery | Annual Subscription
System requirements: Windows 7 or later or macOS 10.12 or later, secondary storage location, internet connection
7. Stellar Data Recovery (Windows & Mac)
Stellar Data Recovery is a leading data care corporation based in India, with presence in the US and Europe. The ISO 9001 & ISO 27001 certified organization specializes in Data Recovery, Data Erasure, Mailbox Conversion, and File Repair software and services.
- Recovers deleted files, photos, videos, & other critical documents for free.
- Retrieve lost data from Windows PC/laptop/hard drive, & other external storage mediums.
- Get back data from formatted or corrupt drives.
- Recovers data from internal hard drive and SSD
- Supports USB drives, memory cards, and SD cards
- Facilitates recovery of files from emptied Recycle Bin and RAW partitions
- Recovers from the devices running on macOS Monterey till OS X El Capitan
- Recovers from Fusion drive, Time Machine device & more
- Retrieves from SSD, portable HDD, jump drives, etc.
8. TestDisk Data recovery (Windows, Mac, and Linux)
TestDisk is powerful free data recovery software! It was primarily designed to help recover lost partitions and/or make non-booting disks bootable again when these symptoms are caused by faulty software: certain types of viruses or human error (such as accidentally deleting a Partition Table). Partition table recovery using TestDisk is really easy.
- Fix partition table, recover deleted partition
- Recover FAT32 boot sector from its backup
- Rebuild FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 boot sector
- Fix FAT tables
- Rebuild NTFS boot sector
- Recover NTFS boot sector from its backup
- Fix MFT using MFT mirror
- Locate ext2/ext3/ext4 Backup SuperBlock
- Undelete files from FAT, exFAT, NTFS and ext2 filesystem
- Copy files from deleted FAT, exFAT, NTFS and ext2/ext3/ext4 partitions.
TestDisk has features for both novices and experts. For those who know little or nothing about data recovery techniques, TestDisk can be used to collect detailed information about a non-booting drive which can then be sent to a tech for further analysis. Those more familiar with such procedures should find TestDisk a handy tool in performing onsite recovery.
TestDisk can run under
- DOS (either real or in a Windows 9x DOS-box),
- Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP, Windows Server 2016/2012/2008/2003
- FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD,
- SunOS and
- MacOS X
9. AnyRecover (Windows & Mac)
AnyRecover is a data recovery software for Windows and Mac OS. It can recover deleted or lost files from hard drives, USB drives, memory cards, digital cameras and other storage devices.
This software supports FAT12/16/32, exFAT, NTFS (versions 1 and 2), HFS+ (versions 1.x and 2.x), Little and Big Endian variants of UFS1/UFS2 file systems as well as RAID0 (striped) volumes.
- Restore deleted, lost, formatted or corrupted files from a full range of devices.
- Recover 1000+ file types: photos, videos, office documents, emails, audio, etc.
- Include a preview panel to filter the scanning results.
- Easily get back all lost files by yourself, no tech required.
10. Wondershare Recoverit (Windows & Mac)
Wondershare Recoverit The ultimate and professional data recovery tool is totally reliable and 100% safe. With the high-tech data recovery tool, you can retrieve data from all devices or media deemed unrecoverable by other companies.
Wondershare Recoverit Data Recovery Free helps restore any lost or deleted files from computer, HDD, SSD, USB drive, SD memory card, camera and more. It serves 500+ real-life data loss scenarios like formatting, system crashes, virus attacks, etc. with a high success rate.